The ACK Thika Memorial Church School was established in 1974 as a Nursery School. The founder’s members were missionaries under the Church Provision of Kenya (C.P.K) which was later changed to Anglican Church of Kenya.
The pupils who went through the system were initially being absorbed by Imani School which was the only private school Thika at the time.
The success of the initial nursery school led to the First Standard One class in 1977 being established.
This became the first class to sit for the KCPE under the 844 system in 1984. Since then the school has grown in leaps and bounds to the current institution with a population of over 800 pupils and a staff enrolment of over 50 this is inclusive of both teaching and support staff.
The institution is on a hybrid system of departments, the departments are,
- Academics Department - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guidance and Counseling, - email@example.com
- Transport department - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Communication and Technology (ICT)- email@example.com
- Early Childhood Department (E.C.D)
This ensures smooth running, co-ordination and effective management of all the activities in the school.